Rapid Roots - Pre-Seeding/Turfing Feed (2kg)
Harrowden Turf Rapid Roots Pre-Seeding/Turfing Feed is a slow release organic lawn feed formulated to encourage root growth and stimulate soil bacteria to improve the establishment of new lawns. Each tub is sufficient to treat a 50m2 lawn twice.
What’s in Harrowden Rapid Roots - Pre-Seeding/Turfing Feed?
- Nitrogen to promote leaf growth and Magnesium oxide to aid the production of chlorophyll to encourage lush, green colour
- Phosphorus to keep the grass roots strong and healthy
- Potassium to help your lawn fight disease and increase its water absorption
- Humates and Trace Elements to stimulate Zeolites to increase nutrient retention meaning less nutrients are washed away.
- Seaweed to stimulate soil bacteria to help release nutrients to your lawn.
This fertiliser promotes strong root growth and speedy establishment of newly laid grass. Sprinkling the fertiliser over prepared soil prior to laying turf will ensure that new lawns are healthy, green and ready to enjoy earlier. This product is suitable for use all year round, though particularly hot weather or periods of drought are best avoided. Rapid Roots is also safe to use as a lawn feed on existing turf after spiking or aeration.
Pre-Seeding/Turfing Feed contains nitrogen to promote leaf growth as well as magnesium oxide to give lawns a lush, green colour. Phosphorous encourages strong, healthy roots whilst iron improve turf’s disease resistance. Harrowden Turf Rapid Roots has been developed with ingredients to improve plants' nutrient retention, increasing the effectiveness of the fertiliser, as well as seaweed to stimulate soil bacteria, increasing overall fertility.
If using as a pre-turfing fertiliser, apply to the soil at a rate of 20 grams per square metre and work the granules into the first 20-30mm of the soil with a rake. Once turf is laid on top, water well. Reapplying the fertiliser onto the established lawn six weeks after laying will provide the grass with sufficient nutrients for the first six months. Before applying to existing lawns, cut the grass to a height of approximately 25mm and keep off the lawn for three days after application.